The Conservatory cooperates with a wide range of international institutions, including:
- Tallinn Georg Ots Music School (Estonia)
- North West Regional College Derry (UK)
- Glasgow Kelvin College (UK)
- San Javier Conservatory (Spain)
EcoSound is a two-year Erasmus+ student mobility cooperation beginning in 2018 with the San Javier Conservatory in Spain. The focus of this particular project is on classical orchestral music, with a joint sinfonietta-type orchestra and smaller ensembles being formed by students from both Central Ostrobothnia and San Javier Conservatories during on-the-job-learning periods. The project will culminate in live performances in the host countries.
Musicreates was a two-year international student exchange project (2016-2018) that included the Central Ostrobothnia Conservatory, the Kajaani Conservatory, the Tallinn Georg Ots Music School, North West Regional College Derry and Glasgow Kelvin College Glasgow. In the Musicreates project, students from the participating schools formed five co-writing groups, composing music and/or lyrics together. Each group had one mentor from the institutions involved in the project. The project took place annually from 2016-2018, and consisted of online preparation work via Facebook groups, videoconferencing and sequencing software; the program culminated in a trip to one of the host institutions, where groups recorded and performed their compositions.
Due to the success of the Musicreates project, there is a running application for a new project with the same partner institutions called Ensemble.
Read ECVET Magazine’s report on the Musicreates project: ECVET Magazine nro. 28, June 2017, s. 17 - 18.
The Conservatory also has direct cooperation agreements with the following institutions:
- Karol Szymanowski Music School (Poland)
- Vorarlberg Conservatory (Austria)
- Conservatório – Escola Profissional das Artes da Madeira (Portugal)
- Hohner Conservatory (Germany)
- Zoltan Kodaly Conservatory (Hungary)
- St. Petersburg Mussorgsky College of Music (Russia)
- Akureyri Music School (Iceland)
- Bela Bartok Conservatory (Hungary)